Scattering in the Community
Scattering in the community really means to be on mission for God. As followers of Christ we need to serve Him, one another and the community around us. We have been called to proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called us out of darkness and into His marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9)
The first step in being on mission for God is to live the Gospel among the people around us in both word and actions. In being on mission for God in our community we desire to become Jesus to our community and the world.
This life of mission and purpose (in word & action) will include, but not be limited to:
· sharing the hope that we have in Jesus Christ with those around us
· sacrificing of our time and resources to take this glorious message to those in the world that have never heard
· resisting the lure of individualism and instead love one another in authentic community.
· calling people to something bigger than themselves.
· remembering the poor.
· joyfully serving those in need.
Will you join with us in seeking radical transformation for ourselves, the community and the world?
Starting Churches in Clarksville
Our heart's desire is to be continually involved in starting new churches in our own area. We are already in prayer and moving forward with a plan to plant a new church in the downtown Clarksville area in 2015.
Scattering in our World
Our prayer and passion is that this area of our ministry grows tremendously in the coming years so the glory of God’s name will be proclaimed abroad. Our goal is to be a church starting church. What this means is that we will always be thinking about how we can start new communities of faith in Clarksville, North America and the World. We will have an aggressive church starting program that will impact Clarksville, a large metropolitan city in North America (TBD later) & a global presence around the world.
Global Focus Points
In the near future we will be investigating an opportunity to partner with others in starting churches in a major US city.
We are already heavily invested in starting new communities of faith in the Central Andes of Peru. In addition we have just begun a new partnership to plant a church in the jungle city of Satipo in Peru. This church will also be a catalyst for starting churches and training leaders in the remote jungle area.
Are you on Facebook? Join the Peru Missions Group.
Everything we do in Peru falls into at least one of these categories
1. Plant Churches in these Areas.
2. Support Indigenous Church Planters to take the Gospel to these areas and start churches.
3. Support and encourage local believers in their own growth in Christ and fulfilling their part of the Great Commission.
4. Train these churches and leaders to be grounded on solid doctrine and the sufficiency of Scriptures.
We are always looking for others that will join hands with us in taking the gospel to the mountains of Peru. This involvement can be praying, going or giving. This can be at the individual level or with other churches. In the future more information will be available for partnerships at various levels.
In one of the areas there is some work with Compassion International. Below are some kids exclusively from Peru that you can sponsor through compassion. The specefic area we are working in is project # PE 526.