Getting connected with us can come in a variety of different ways. Although there are various avenues to connect with us the goal is the same. That goal is that as we grow as disciples we will commit to sacrificially live life together for the purpose of helping others find the kingdom of God.
The worship atmosphere will be warm and inviting.
Our Home groups commit themselves to learning Scripture, fellowshipping with one another, actively ministering to one another and being on mission together. This becomes a reality as we strive to fulfill the “one another” passages found in the Bible. These passages include: love, service, hospitality, forgiveness, kindness, unity, teaching & encouraging. (See Rom 12:12, 1, 15:4, 16:6; 1 Corinthians 12:25, 16:10; 2 Corinthians 13:11-12; Galatians 5:13, 6:2; Ephesians 4:2, 32, 5:21; Colossians 3:13, 16; 1 Thessalonians 3:12, 4:9, 18, 5:11,15; 2 Thessalonians 1:3; Hebrews 3:13, 10:24-25; James 5:16; 1 Peter 1:22, 4:8-10; 1 John 3:11, 3:23, 4:7, 4:11-12; 1 John 1:7; 2 John 1:5)
In Missions our mandate is simple. We follow the words of Jesus about making disciples that He gave us following His resurrection. Our mission is to do our part in following Jesus’ commands to make disciples and take the message of eternal life to every corner of the globe. Jesus gave the Great Commission to His disciples on five separate occasions. Each of these occasions help us see five important aspects of the Great Commission:
- Example (John 20:21) - Jesus said that He was sending us as the Father has sent Him. Jesus is the supreme example. We are to go, to live and to share as Jesus.
- Field (Mark 16:15) – The field that Jesus has given His church knows no geographical boundaries: the field is the whole world.
- Purpose (Matthew 28:18-20) – The purpose for this mission is to make disciples. This is a much greater task then merely making converts. The church must be intentional in making disciples and teaching those that come to faith in Christ to observe all things that He has commanded.
- Message (Luke 24:46-48) – The message of eternal life is vital to the success of the church. Therefore we will always maintain a message of eternal life that includes:
- The death of Christ for the payment of sin!
- The resurrection of Christ as vindication of His death!
- The Need to be convicted of sin!
- Repentance for forgiveness of sins!
- Receiving eternal life by faith!
- Strategy (Acts 1:8) – The strategy of Jesus was simple: Start where you are at and expand throughout the world. The best way to accomplish this task is to see both an evangelistic and missions component.
- Evangelistic- The evangelistic component will be taking the Gospel to the people around us. In the book of Acts there is a pattern of intentionally sharing Christ at every opportunity. (Acts 5:42 ESV) And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ. The intent was that no one was left out, therefore the early church in Jerusalem shared openly and systematically. Paul did not hesitate to share at any opportunity that he had as we see in (Acts 17:17 ESV) So he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout persons, and in the marketplace every day with those who happened to be there. In our evangelism we will share: 1. With those in our sphere of influence (relationships). 2. As often as we have opportunity with anyone we have an opportunity. 3. Systematically so that no one is left out. 4. Never take someone’s faith for granted.
- Missions- The mission component will include our strategy to fulfill our part of the Great Commission by both going and giving. This will include Tennessee, North America & the World. As the Lord provides the people and the resources we will send teams on mission trips throughout North America and the world. In addition to sending we will seek to be actively involved in supporting church plants. Due to the Pastors current commitment to the Wanca Quechea people of Central Peru the first focus for international missions and church planting support will be the Central Andes of Peru.
Getting connected is not just for adults either. Our Merge Children & Students Ministries is a great opportunity for children and youth to connect with God, with one another and learn how to serve in our community and the world.