Gathering in Community
Those who have trusted the claims of the Gospel (born again) need meaningful relationships with God and one another.
In these meaningful relationships we will:
· consistently model a passionate dependence on God through prayer.
· consistently model and encourage a hunger and thirst for God through His Word (the Bible).
· create safe and honest environments where people can deal with life in transforming ways.
· cultivate healthy families through the Gospel.
These relationships can be lived out with one another through worshiping together, studying together, living life together and being on mission together. The primary place that this will take place is through our home groups.
Our home groups have an overwhelming passion to connect people to God, to His family and to the community so that the kingdom of God in Clarksville is expanded & reproduced. In order to this we must come together in a sacrificial lifestyle in order for others to find God's kingdom, God's name to be magnified and God's people to be encouraged.
Characteristics small groups:
1. Bible Study- Connecting people to God through intentional and specific Bible study for growth as fully committed followers of Christ.
2. Fellowship- Connecting people to one another as we model the love of Christ as He has and continues to love us.
3. Ministry- Each small group has a person responsible to oversee the ministry aspects of the group. They are responsible to coordinate any needs within the group as well as encouraging further ministry through meeting practical needs in the group and the community at large.
4. Mission- connecting people to the community through local mission projects that will also encourage and equip people to be better missionaries in their daily lives.
5. Reproduction- At least one small group is started every 12-18 months from each existing small group.